BY HANNAH LESTER
The Auburn City Council approved an ABC liquor retail license for a new restaurant in town Tuesday night.
Vintage 2298 Restaurant, LLC d/b/a Vintage 2298 will be located at 2298 E University Drive, Auburn.
Vintage 2298 is a new development, intended to contain both retail and office space, as well as the Vintage 2298 restaurant.
“I would just like to welcome The Vintage to Auburn,” said Ward 3 council member Beth Witten.
Vintage 2298 chef Randall Baldwin was in attendance Tuesday night.
“Thank you Randall, we’re proud to have you,” Auburn Mayor Ron Anders said.
Vintage 2298 held its groundbreaking ceremony in May 2021. For more information about the restaurant, visit its Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Vintage2298/.
– The board approved a business license penalty request for EatHere, Inc d/b/a Niffer’s Place.
– The board approved retail beer and table wine licenses for PR Mig Auburn Poco, LLC d/b/a Towneplace Suites by Marriot Auburn.
– The board approved beer and table wine retail licenses for Sunny Enterprises, Inc. d/b/a Good Karma.
–Council approved a contract with American Pride Septic Services to replace the septic tank in Kiesel Park washrooms for $39,750.
– The board approved a contract with Communications International, Inc for eight Harris Portable XL-185P 700/800 MHZ radios and accessories for the Auburn Police Department for over $25,700.
– The board approved a contract with cSpire Business to renew Cisco Flex voice and software support licenses for over $28,700 and upgrade Cisco router licenses for over $20,900.
– The board approved a contract with Davis Direct for open online printing for just over $2,400 per month.
– Council approved a contract with Empire Pipe and Supply to purchase 5,580 linear feet of 8-inch ductile iron main for over $163,800.
– Council approved a contract with Inline Electric Supply Co. to purchase sign posts and mast arms as part of the Annalue Drive and East University Drive intersection improvement project for more of $101,100.
–Council approved a contract with Melton Construction and Masonry LLC for the Downtown Compactor Enclosure project for $43,000.
– The board approved a contract with ProLogic ITS LLC to purchase 10 marked police vehicles and three unmarked police vehicles for over $128,600.
– The board approved a contract with Southern Software, Inc. for the annual renewal of customer support fees for mobile data information systems for the Auburn Police Department for over $20,000.
– The board approved a contract with Temple, Inc. to purchase traffic maintenance supplies for over $104,500.
– The board approved drainage and utility easements for The Parmer Group, LLC for the property at 386 Sanders St.
– The board approved a gas line easement for Spire Alabama Inc. for the new environmental services and public works facility.
– Council approved an appointment to the Indian Pines Recreation Authority Board of Directors.
–Council approved an appointment to the Lee County Youth Development Center Board of Directors.