When using laser printers, the question of the choice of consumables inevitably arises. You can buy a new original cartridge, refill the old one or buy a compatible one. Each method has its advantages and disadvantages, and in this article we will examine them in detail.
Purchasing spare parts designed by the manufacturer for a specific printer model helps to extend the life of the device and enjoy the best print quality. Genuine consumables are backed by a manufacturer’s warranty – if you purchase a faulty cartridge, it will be replaced with a working one.
Using the best quality printing composition allows you to ensure the safety of spare parts and to obtain clear images. Of the shortcomings of the original consumables, only a high price can be distinguished. With high print volumes, price becomes the main reason for looking for alternatives to new consumables. Before considering the alternative options, we recommend that you go to the Smart Ink website and check the price of a compatible cartridge, for example – HP 952 ink.
The main advantage of refilling is the relatively low price compared to buying new consumables. But such savings can lead to some problems:
- Poor print quality. Don’t expect a refilled cartridge to perform like new. In addition to toner, it contains other items that have a limited lifespan. Prolonged use of the same replacement part will cause poor print quality due to wear of the photoconductor. You may also encounter that little toner has been refilled when refilling, so the cartridge life will be shorter compared to a new one;
- Printing hardware failure. The biggest problem that can occur when using a refilled cartridge is the failure of individual parts of the printer. Poor filling leads to increased wear and tear on printing equipment, so the saving in consumables leads to the need for more frequent printer repairs;
- Evaporation of harmful substances. In laser printers, the composition used for printing is heated to high temperatures (about 300 degrees). Use of non-genuine toner may cause harmful and hazardous substances to be released when heated.
When returning consumables for refilling, you will not be able to check whether high quality toner has been used. It may very well be that in a few weeks you will have to change the details again – when refilling it often happens that the toner is not completely filled. Additionally, reduced print quality results in many documents being reprinted multiple times.
The best option that allows you to save on consumables without damaging the printing equipment is to buy compatible consumables. In terms of quality, they are in no way inferior to the originals, while they are much cheaper. These consumables are not produced by the printer manufacturer, but by a third party. When choosing, you should pay attention to the quality of consumables, so as not to get fakes. Now there are many proposals on the market, including large manufacturers, so for any model of laser printer you can find a high quality compatible cartridge. The main advantages of using compatible consumables are:
- Small price compared to the origin. Purchasing the right consumables allows you to save significantly on consumables without sacrificing print quality;
- High quality printing. If you buy a compatible spare part from a trusted manufacturer, you don’t have to worry about equipment failure. The design of the consumables is exactly the original. Consumables are made from high quality materials and are designed for long term operation;
- Low risk of defects. Before going on sale, all parts and spare parts are tested, which significantly reduces the likelihood of acquiring a poor quality product with defects.
- Great printing resource. The correct consumables are as good as the original cartridges in terms of the number of printed pages. Some models of compatible consumables will last even longer than the originals.
Some people think that the use of non-original parts can lead to the loss of a guarantee. But in practice this is not true, and service centers do not refuse to serve for this reason. Companies that use printing technology are increasingly abandoning originals in favor of others or prefer to use refilled consumables. Moreover, it is quite difficult to prove that it was the use of a non-original cartridge that caused the printer to fail.
To appreciate all the advantages of using non-original cartridges, you should order them only from trusted suppliers. To date, there are many offers from well-known companies on the market that strictly monitor the quality of their products. Compatible cartridges allow you to save on printing supplies without compromising print quality or damaging your equipment.